sometimes a house isn't just a house


The street where I live




The Cape Cod style is a a type of house and since this is Cape Cod, well, examples abound. To me, it's hard to know, but I guess it's this thing of steep roofs, this somewhat symmetrical air - there's a sort of simple, nostalgic beauty in it I suppose. A hillside full of them's certainly a lovely thing to see..

Up close you see the difference of course. Some really are very basic.


Some are a bit grander, and whimsical in their choice of colour
Kind of like boy house and girl house

Some suggest they are owned by long lost relatives of mine, for obvious reasons ;) (hint - note shape of gate)



While some, are still works in progress...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LUST STORIES 2: MORE YAWN SAMBANDH THAN ADULT FILMS

RAHUL GANDHI: A DIFFERENT MASCULINITY

THE VANISHING LIE-0-METRE OR WHAT I LEARNED FROM KOFFEE WITH KARAN SEASON 8